Re: Samba, connection is slow but copying files is fast.

Hi Bob,

> Is your Linksys handing out the IP addresses?

Yes.

> In any case assigning IP addresses to specific MAC addresses on your
> DHCP server should help.  Varying server addresses is a bad thing,
> anyway (IMHO).

I did fix the server address and only had the clients use DHCP. I had set the
DHCP server to serve addresses above the one assigned to my samba server.

> Any new windows machines (laptops, etc.) coming up on the network will
> likely find an existing "Master Browser" that can resolve the server
> addresses (NetBIOS) as long as they are not changing.

Today I tried again, but still wasn't able to pinpoint the issue. For now I
decided to fix all IP addresses which is fine for now. I'll try something
again when I have more time to really sort it out. Untill that time, fixed I
addresses will do.

Regards,
Marcel