Re: Wireless Adapters for Linux

Don't be fooled,

This company like most other companies that produce wireless chipsets/devices are touting false claims as far as the Linux (OS driver) aspect is concerned, these guys are only interested in selling to Windows users and if Windows users "think" it works really well with Linux, they think it will work even better with Windows - Marketing Job done for yet another closed wireless company!

Also, there are no technical Datasheets for these products on the company's website (http://www.ubnt.com/) unless you consider fancy colour brochure with nice pictures a datasheet and some how write a driver from that :(

I'm afraid there's nothing new here, they may well have the best Linux wireless device + driver but they will not release it to the community.

Other companies, like Ratech don't do much better, unless you consider releasing a really crappy NDIS driver+binary firmware without technical details as "supporting linux".

All we need is the bloody datasheets for the specific implementation if it deviates from what is already published, basically these companies are all the same and the only way to do it is reverse engineer (which I spent many years doing :) ) - in Europe.

Albert.

jim tate wrote:
Check this out, a good thing for Laptop users that have a Mini-PCI slot in their laptop A little on the expensive side , but as they say, beggers can't be choosers.