Les Mikesell a écrit :
François Patte wrote:

You can use the Livna repository.

As described in this email
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2006-October/msg00009.html,

do as root :
rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-6.rpm
yum install vlc
This is always the problem with livna: they put some interesting things
but "old fashionned": their packages depends on older libraries than
those you have already installed and when you try to install something
it turns into a nightmare...
It's the other way around.  Livna is compatible with fedora core/extras
and doesn't replace those libraries.  The other third party repositories
may or may not conflict.

If you haven't added things from other repositories, livna's vlc will
install fine.

I use only fedora's repositories, inluding extra, freshrpms (for this
one the problem is the same old libraries "conflicting" with some newer
from fedora in the case of its vlc version), livna and macromediafor the
flash-plugin. That's all.

Freshrpms is a 3rd party repository that rebuilds and replaces some of the standard components from fedora core/extras and may not be compatible with anything else. Livna builds against the core/extra components and requires that you have those repositories enabled. I'm not sure about x86_64, but I recently installed vlc from livna on an i386 FC6 with no conflicts.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx