Re: cpuspeed throttling

On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 12:01 +1100, Tony Crouch wrote:
> Hi All,
> I was wondering if there is a way to make the cpuspeed CPU throttling
> program permanently throttle to an elected CPU speed.
>
> For example, I have a 3Ghz CPU in my laptop which is extremely prone to
> over-heating and freezing. But while the laptop is running at 1.6Ghz it is
> fine.
>
> The problem I am facing is keeping the CPU at this lower speed when
> services kick into gear (i.e. yum update, makewhatis, etc. etc.).
>
> I was wondering if anyone might have an idea as to how this permanent
> throttling can be done.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> All the best.
>
> Cheers,
> Tony Crouch

On my laptop runnig there is an applet icon that seems to able to set
the cpu speed. It is probbably an applet you can choose and might do
what you want. Mine is in FC5.
All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in
fact, barely presentable. -- Fran Lebowitz, "Metropolitan Life"