Re: mouse wheel grabs focus

Am Freitag, den 09.02.2007, 13:56 -0600 schrieb Mike McCarty:
> Anne Wilson wrote:

> >>"Focus follows mouse" is one of the worst ideas a GUI designer
> >>ever had.
> >>

> > Horses for courses, Mike
>
> That was *MY* point. Reread the comment I responded to. The OP
> stated that he did NOT want focus to follow the mouse. Teo
> replied that "better yet" one could make focus follow the mouse.
>
> Mike

Focus following the mouse is not an option. In fact as stated in the
initial post I want to avoid loosing the focus at all. I used kwrite
just to illustrate the problem. The main reason for me not loosing the
focus are some programs wich react bad, when they loose/regain the focus
while in input mode.

Since I learned from the ongoing thread, that this is more or less a KDE
problem, since it works in GNOME as I expect (and as Marc stated in some
RISC OS), I will try my luck on a kde-list. If I find a solution there I
will post it here as well.

thanks to all
Henry