Livna repo broken - SOLVED

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 11:18 -0500, Temlakos wrote:
Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 09:28 -0500, Temlakos wrote:
Everyone:

What is wrong with Livna?

For the past three days, when I run smart, I've had recommendations to roll back several updates of packages that I originally installed from Livna. I have a stop-gap in place, which is to ratchet up the priority of my installed-base to be equal to those of Livna, Core, and Released-Updates. That lets me take the genuine updates without those alarming rollbacks (and in three cases, complete removals).

Two days ago, Livna was in even worse shape, and smart was recommending /more than two hundred downgrades/ as a result.

At least I have the packages I need, in their still-current versions.

The downgrade recommendations, furthermore, are all to repos for which I set the priority as lower than that for Livna/Updates/Core.

This problem will only go away when the Livna repo maintainers rebuild their metadata, or perhaps replace certain versions of multimedia and other utilities.

VideoLAN Client, Mplayer (and its gui), and ffmpeg are but three of the apps/utilities that this problem affects.

Temlakos

First  of all smart does not use the original livna.repo. It forces you
to create a livna channel. This breaks the structure of the livna.repo
because smart, as far as I can see, has the same bug as yumex. It cannot
have a channel with multiple baseurls.
At least that is what I found. So in my opinion it is smart that is to
blame not livna.
Hmmm--it sounds as though I might not be using the best mirror to that site.

Any suggestions? I can create mirror lists, after all.

Temlakos
mirrotlists will work it believe.

You mean "mirrorlists," of course.

Since I received your message, I followed a tip to visit Livna's own site. They have an RPM called livna-release-6.rpm. I installed that and then ran the script that it installed in /usr/share/doc. That script installed all of the channels and mirrors I needed.

The Livna problem is now resolved.

I have some other minor issues with smart--it seems to have forgotten to enforce global priorities.

Temlakos