samba

Hello. I am a linux newbie, trying to make Fedora Core 6 work with an existing windows network. I can't seem to join the active directory domain, I keep getting errors when i try like:

utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(281
ads_connect: No such file or directory

The computer is ultimately to run a freeradius server for the wireless network, which is up and running now but not authenticating anything (I think because of Active directory)
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks for looking
Hillary