Re: installing Firefox 2.0 on FedoraCore6

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Andrea Mastellone <andrea.mastellone <at> fastwebnet.it> writes:
yum update -y firefox --enablerepo=development

Ugh, updating from development (Rawhide) isn't that great an idea (you'll have to fetch several packages which depend on Firefox from development too, and this could potentially draw in plenty of unstable packages).

This was not my case:

yum update -y firefox --enablerepo=development

required me no auxiliary development packages, except of course firefox 2, in a clean fedora 6 workstation.

Instead, I tryed to update to the development version of openoffice: tons of packages were nedeed, and I gave up.

Andrea