Re: GM & MS

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
Joe Smith <jes@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I'm sure you're not poking fun at Linux because the maintainers are
unwilling to break the law, are you?

I'm poking fun at the manufacturers that claim they can't allow
open-source drivers for their wifi radios.

Why shouldn't they have the right to set the terms on the software and hardware they create to whatever they want?

BTW: I don't recall seeing a law that says it is illegal to write
open-source drivers.

It may be illegal to use or distribute them, though, if they contain material covered by existing copyrights or patents.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx