Re: Where can I find a samba-vscan rpm?

Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
Hi there!

Apologies if this has already been ask for. I can't find any place to
search the list archives and so haven't done a search. (Am sure there
must be an archive somewhere that can be searched. Please do let me
know).

I'm running Fedora Core 6. I have Samba and ClamAV installed. I
understand there's a Samba module called "samba-vscan" but I don't
know where to get it from. There doesn't seem to be any rpms
available, and a quick search on the Net gives me the impression
people compile it from source. Is that the case, or are there any rpms
available somewhere?

http://www.openantivirus.org/projects.php is the project home for samba-vscan.

It has this to say.....

samba-vscan is a proof-of-concept module for Samba, which uses the VFS (virtual file system) features of Samba 2.2.x/3.0 to provide an on-access Samba anti-virus. Of course, Samba has to be compiled with VFS support. It currently works with ClamAV (clamd/libclamav), FRISK F-Prot Daemon, F-Secure AV, H+BEDV AntiVir, Kaspersky AntiVirus, McAfee/NAI uvscan, mks32, OpenAntiVirus ScannerDaemon, Sophos Sweep, Symantec AntiVirus Engine (via ICAP) or Trend Micro. The latest release is 0.3.6b. samba-vscan is maintained by Rainer Link.

samba-vscan is included in recent SUSE Linux / SUSE Linux Enterprise Server versions. Unofficial samba-vscan RPMs for SuSE Linux / SLES / UL1 can be found at SUSE's FTP server for Samba 2.2 / 3.0. SUSE ships samba-vscan since SUSE Linux 8.1 or so, RPMs for Mandrake Linux should be available and an eisfair package as well. samba-vscan is also in the FreeBSD ports collection. Some unofficial debs for Debian woody can be grabbed here, but this debs should be used for Samba packages built by Samba.org only! (thanks to Simo). A FreeBSD 5.3 package (self-built) can be grabbed here. Use at your own risk.

--
No guts, no glory.