Re: FC 6 on Powermac G5 Quad: Problem with headless booting

On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 01:48 +0100, Sascha Frey wrote:
> I just installed FC 6 on my Quad core Powermac G5. Because this box is
> used as a server, I don't want to have a display connected to it.
>
> With display, the systems runs fine, but without, it does not boot properly.
> I'm unable to connect to it via SSH. Ping requests are answered
> sporadically.
>
> I don't know how to track down this problem. There is nothing about this
> failed boot in /var/log/messages and the Powermac has no serial port,
> which can be used as a serial console.
>
> What may I do to get this machine booting headless?

Perhaps specifying the really basic vesa graphics driver in your X
config, so it doesn't try to automatically set up anything?

Though which run level are you setting it boot up in?  Run level 3
shouldn't care about such things.

--
(This PC runs FC4, my others FC5 & FC6, in case that's important
 to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.