"No drives found" error installing FC6 as XEN guest

Hi there,

we run several FC6 installations to evaluate it for production use; the
most important thing for us being virtualization with XEN.

All went well, until we decided to setup the first production XEN host:
we did a fresh install on a new machine and installed all the updates
that were available. Since then, when we launch a new FC6 guest install,
the installation routine fails to find any disk devices to create
partitions on. In other words, the installation starts, we get the
graphical installer screen, but when I click NEXT on the partition page,
I get the "No drives found" message.

We use the "simple file" option for the guest disk image, size varied
from 4 to 12GB, all failed.

The interesting thing is that now all test machines fail with the same
problem; this implies that a rather new update might be the reason,
since the test machines have the same updates installed. However, nobody
else seems to have the problem...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Markus Mueller

Kernel: 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6xen #1 SMP Wed Jan 10 19:47:12 EST 2007 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux; same on a Core2Duo machine