RE: yum-updatesd is totally broken

Same here...once I did the original yum update, it has worked automatically since then.

Arch

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Craig White
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 9:27 PM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: yum-updatesd is totally broken

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 12:49 +1100, Danny Yee wrote:
> Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> > yum-updatesd is definitely leaking memory. I restarted it on Thursday
> > and now it's up to 917 MB.
>
> I have not yet been able to get yum-updatesd to work at all, ever,
> on any one of the half dozen or more FC6 machines I look after.
> And whenever I look at a Fedora Core 6 system set up by someone else,
> I find it's not working there either.
>
> This could be because I'm at a uni where web access goes through
> a proxy, but I've never had any problems getting plain yum to work
> through that.
>
> So far I've been disabling yum-updatesd and replicating the old cron
> entry from FC5.  But there are plenty of FC6 users around here who
> don't know how to do this and don't even realise they're running
> without updates...
----
I forgot to mention on the previous post that the original package of
yum-updatesd as installed from the first FC-6 packages was reputedly
broken. As a result, I have a kickstart install automatically do a 'yum
update' before finishing which does indeed add a lot of time to the
install process.

Craig