Re: limitation of user a/c ( telnet service )

edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx:
>> But when user "edward" login to the server by the telnet service, then he
>> can modify the dot file...

Sam Varshavchik:
> 1) No, he can't.  Not if the file is owned by root, with no other
> permissions.

The user owns the directory, they can remove files and create new ones.
You'd have to do more than change those file's ownership to root, and
I'm still not sure whether that'd work in a user's homespace.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.