Re: xmms fc6

Ian Malone wrote:
François Patte wrote:
Bonjour,

I wonder how to have xmms working under fc6: it is unable to play any cd
because (I think) it requires a device (no problem: /dev/cdrom ...)
*and* a directory, /media/cdrom in later version of fedora.

There is no more /media/cdrom... and :media is empty, even if I load a
cd/dvd/usb-key....

Where is the config for external media?

Short answer; you don't need a directory, all you need to do
is enter /dev/cdrom in the open files dialog (or whatever
the appropriate device is).  Removable media now gets
mounted under /media with a name derived from the media
title, which seems a bit awkward, however CDAudio doesn't
get mounted anyway, so there's no meaning to a
corresponding mount point.

Missing point: I'm using the AudioCD plugin, not CD Audioplayer.
You may need to install xmms-cdread (from extras).

--
imalone