Re: Security Updates -- Are they necessary in Linux for user?

> One question: Do the security updates have to be installed immediately
> after install? What happens if,. e.g install Firefox 2.0 over Firefox
> 1.5 (the current version). Do I still need to install the security
> update for Firefox? Or should I first install the security update and
> then update Firefox to the latest 2.x version?

When you run yum it tries to find the newest version of each package and
update to that. That means that if it finds say

	firefox-1.5.15
	firefox-1.5.19
	firefox-2.0

it will upgrade directly to 2.0 and won't pull in the intermediate
versions.

Alan