Re: Dell's w/o OS - where?

On 03/02/07, Duncan Clark <duncyc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
They do not list them on the "Home/Home Office" part of their website, but
if you go to the "Small Buisness" choice you can then choose under
desktops or laptops either "Open Source Desktops" or "Open Source Laptops"
 they apparently come loaded with FreeDOS (for free, I think so they can
boot and test them)

I wish that I knew that a month ago! I just bought an Inspiron with
XP. I never even accepted the EULA- went right to FC6. While talking
with the customer service rep about installing Linux on the machine,
he asked if I want an open source laptop. I thought that he was being
rude, in light of the recent returns of MS software to Dell.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/digg.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/179/emf.html