Re: RealPlayer, Mplayer, Movies and Question about RPMS

On 05/02/07, Benjamin Sher <delphi123@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear friends:

I am new to Fedora. Just installed Fedora Core 6. Very pleased. Two or three
quick questions:

Glad you like it.

1) If I install RPMS from outside Fedora's repositories, can Fedora
incorporate this installation into its database?

Yes, but...

Or is it enough just to make
sure that the rpm is a RH or Fedora rpm?

it's better if the package is built for FC6.

2) Where do I find the rpms for Mplayer. I would like to then use
mplayerplug-in with Mplayer.

3) Where do I find the appropriate libdvdcss for playing movies?

http://rpm.livna.org/

--
Mark Knoop