Re: Well guys the writing is on the wall !!

jim tate wrote:

> With  the release of FC7, IS Fedora Project  Going to finally shove
> GNOME down our throat?
> This is how the three break downs on their site are shown.
>
> 1. A Fedora Desktop spin  (This is the main fedora desktop (GNOME)
> 2. A Fedora Server spin   (Fedora Server)
> 3. A Fedora KDE spin    (This is a separate disk or network install, I
> have not figured it out yet.)

A yet-to-be-created Separate disk.

> At the install the "KDE Enviorment" does not show up at "Customize
> section" In reality it appears that the main Desktop install won't have
> KDE, it will be a separate download.
>  I really feel that the Redhat Developers want to get rid of KDE.
> If I'am wrong please correct me,

OK, you're wrong.  (:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureFedoraKDE
will include a full-featured kde-centric spin of Fedora 7.

FUDCon (wrapping up today) had a *lot* of exciting interaction with Fedora
contributors,developers, and we have a much better idea of where we need to
go to make this all happen.  All lot of work is still remains, so any
input, help. comments, criticism is highly welcome.

In the meantime, until a real-deal kde spin is available, you can see most
of the enhancements planned for F7 by using the kde packages available from
http://kde-redhat.sf.net/
*today*.

-- Rex

-- Rex