scratcbox corrupts file system?

I lost my entire system after playing around with scratchbox for maemo
development.
Of course there could have been other reasons, but it took me a while
to finally restore (actually load a new FC6 to replace the FC5 that I
had) and now I see files disappearing again under my user under
scratchbox after a reboot.

I suspect problems with chroot and creating (or deleting?) device
files, though not sure.  The kernel does a clean shutdown and startup,
but I suspect I am in for trouble again now that the dev directory
under my scratchroot user is empty.

In my last system before breaking, I knew a problem was brewing when,
besides device files missing, when I tried to rm -r the whole subtree,
it said I had a loop in the file system and to contact an
administrator.  When I tried to repair in single user mode the whole
thing blew up (all kinds of unlinked files, multiple linked files,
etc) and wound up making an even worse mess that was totally gone.

Any advice or help, besides not to use scratchbox (which I may do anyway).

I will probably reinstall from scratch again just to make sure I have
a good file system, but I thought someone may want to know more before
I do.