Re: How to exclude a dir. with tar

linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx escribió:
On Thursday 01 February 2007 09:32, Guillaume wrote:
I have a directory to save located in a home dir, but
inside it a temp dir I dont want to save. I try the
--exclude option of tar to discard this one, but it don't
seem to work.

Send the exact command you are using to tar the directory.

Someone can help me?

Delete the directory or move it then do your tar ball.

Sorry to say, but that's stupid.

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA