Re: Problems with Fedora Core 3

Wow, was this email really stuck in a queue for three years?

Fedora Core 6 uses alsa for it's audio, fedora core 2/3 uses OSS.  Alsa
and a recent Fedora Core will be far better for your sound needs as it
is A) better, and B) newer/more drivers.

Unless there is some very very specific reason you need to run an
unsupported fedora release you should never entertain the idea of it.

And yes FC6 will do 64-bit very very well and support most sounds cards
including on-boad.  In fact that is the exact configuration I am using
right now.