Re: FC6 X.11 New Install Failure

Jeff G wrote:

As mentioned earlier, a zero byte file is not what to expect from the media. You might mount the disc on a working installation and look for the rpms that it is stating zero bytes for. If they do not exist or you cannot copy or view the contents of the file, it is most likely messed up.

It might be possible to that anaconda is looking for a file by the wrong name based on what packages you have installed. I would not know what the heck it is looking for on your system. If you are curious and it made it up to that point, you migh find information regarding the failure in the /root directory in log files. You can type linux rescue or mount the partition from another installation.

What I would find simpler would be to type 'linux xdriver=i810' at the boot prompt since you have an Intel card that I also have on several computers I run Fedora on. This should force the installer to not try to use another driver for install. If it still fails you might have a problem with your CDROM being shoddy or your burned media not being optimum. I believe you would pass 'linux ide=nodma' to force the installer to slow down to accommodate shoddy media readers.

Varying your package selection, slowing down the processes for your CDROM reader, specifying a known video drier or doing a text install or network or from hard drive install are all of the options that I can think of right now.

Jim

--
"OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard."
		-- Dr. Joy