Re: Smolt: Fedora Hardware Profiler

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 10:08 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Smolt is a hardware profiler for Fedora so we can get a better idea of
> what type of hardware is out there in the Fedora universe.  It's still
> in beta but those of you running FC6 or newer (rawhide) can
> participate.
>
> Just type "yum install smolt"  followed by "smoltSendProfile".  All
> sends are anonymous and the only tie to hardware is via a UUID that
> gets sent.  We can't trace the UUID back to you without you giving us
> the UUID, which may be helpful for those experiencing hardware or
> driver issues.
>
> Check out the stats at http://smolt.fedoraproject.org/stats
>
> For more information on smolt look at:

> https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/smolt/wiki
> and
> https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/smolt/wiki/Scope
>
>                 -Mike

If it is of interest your SendProfile script did not dedect my sound
card which is a Crystal Semiconductor CS4236 sound card. That was not
surprising since lspci  does not detect it either.
I've always made it a solemn practice to never drink anything stronger
than tequila before breakfast. -- R. Nesson