Re: Smolt: Fedora Hardware Profiler

Mike McGrath wrote:
> Smolt is a hardware profiler for Fedora so we can get a better idea of
> what type of hardware is out there in the Fedora universe.  It's still
> in beta but those of you running FC6 or newer (rawhide) can
> participate.
>
> Just type "yum install smolt"  followed by "smoltSendProfile".  All
> sends are anonymous and the only tie to hardware is via a UUID that
> gets sent.  We can't trace the UUID back to you without you giving us
> the UUID, which may be helpful for those experiencing hardware or
> driver issues.

I've just checked out smoltPrint, which claims
     We would send the following information to the Fedora Smolt server:

One very noticable problem in the information it reports is that it
reports the current CPU speed, not the maximum. It calls my system a
1 GHz system (which it is, when it's not loaded, due to Cool'n'Quiet and
cpuspeed), not a 2 GHz system.

Would it not make more sense to query
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq , if it exists?

Would you like me to Bugzilla this, or use
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/smolt/newticket?

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | "The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a
aprilcottage.co.uk | clock, it regularly went cuckoo."