Re: audio problems in fc 6

Thanks for your suggestions Rick.

>>On 1/29/07, Rick Sewill <rsewill@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>My first guess is to assume you are using ALSA to control sound.
>ALSA is the default.
yes ALSA is the default

>My second guess is to assume entries were made in
>your /etc/modprobe.conf associating sound cards with drivers.
>I believe entries are made during the Fedora installation process.
>In my case, I have the following /etc/modprobe.conf file.
>rsewill@rsewill:~ <2:23> $ more /etc/modprobe.conf
i have the same output as yours.

    Audio works fine but there is no sound in Torcs. I can play music and all, I was told by someone that, when i run this command there should be a beep, which i don't get. I see my friends get a beep sound when they run this command in their PCs.
$cat "file name" > /dev/dsp

So i am trying to figure out is there any problem with my sound(i too don't know much).

thanks
--
manu