Re: [Fedora] FC6 not connecting

Beartooth wrote:
So I took out the CD and tried again. It still kept telling me device eth0
"seems not to be present." I configured an eth1; trying to activate that
got the same result.
Does the install actually see the physical nic? Could it possibly be loading the wrong driver for it? Before you go into software hunting mode, I always check hardware drivers first, make sure they're there and are correct. I'd check /var/log/dmesg see what it says regarding the card.

And not to burst your bubble, but I just installed FC6 on a relatively old machine that has 3 Intel nics in it (one dual and one single.) Just a breeze...configured all three, rebooted and there they were. I'm running updates right now. By golly, I'll be going home early today.

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130