Re: Thunderbird issues

Tim wrote:
On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 09:34 -0500, Jeffrey Ross wrote:
1) I can't set a custom sound to play upon receiving mail, the default "ding" works fine, and the wave file I want to use plays file with the "play" command. When playing the sound I just get screeching from the speakers.

Sounds like your file format isn't one it supports.  You could try
converting it to another format.  Perhaps Thunderbird needs wav files.

Well your right about the incompatibility, for the wave file, I took the wave file opened up in audacity and then resaved it again as a wave file and it now works.

file showed before:
RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft ADPCM, mono 11025 Hz
and then after:
RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, mono 11025 Hz

so I guess the first format is incompatible but the second is.

remaining problem is the fields in the display message pages....