Re: Beryl on KDE not affecting anything

On 26/01/07, Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I did in fact run beryl-manager from the console. How would I know if
> the card does not support enough OpenGL? Its an ATI x1400, I'd imagine
> that would be enough.

What does
$ glxinfo
say?

beryl will tell you which GL_* extensions are requires/missing (at least it
did for me, maybe it was in ~/.xsession-errors?)

Thanks. Running glxinfo crashes X. I tried in a text console and was
greeted with:
Error: unable to open display (null)

Also, when I have a script set to automatically start beryl in
~/.kde/Autostart then I cannot log into KDE. It gets to the desktop
and then X restarts. I have to load gnome or a text colsole, remove
the script, and then I can log into KDE.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/lyrics/93/321/madonna/like_a_virgin.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/p2p.html