Re: Getting Fox News to work with Firefox

On 24/01/07, Anne Wilson <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 24 January 2007 17:28, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:

> > 'Insecure' is the word that gets attention :-)  A week or so later the
> > site was working correctly in FF and Konqueror.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Hah.  good work Anne. :)

Getting to talk to the right people can be difficult, but rewarding if you
manage it.  On this occasion there was a moment's stunned silence when I told
them about the insecurity, then he admitted that he didn't know that.

On another occasion I was having problems with one section of the on-line
banking.  I could arrange an inter-account transfer, but couldn't see the
amount on the page where I had to verify it.  I was using Mozilla Mail at the
time - about 3 years ago - and went to Mozillazine, where one of the
developers talked me through finding the bit of code that caused the problem.
It was making a M$-only call.  He told me exactly what I should say about
where the problem was and what the fix would be.  I emailed the bank's web
maintainer, and got no reply, but again, a few days later, the page was
working correctly.

I say all this just to tell people that it may be daunting, at times, trying
to get the 'big ones' to listen, but it's worth persevering.

Anne

Even if you don't go to those lengths of debugging the site's code,
people can still make a difference by complaining/informing a
webmaster that they're site does not work on thier system. I run two
sites that generate the money to support my family, that I coded
myself. If someone complained that they couldn't see my site, I'd sure
as hell work as hard as I could to ensure that it's viewable by all.
That's my bread.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/