Re: help with kernel patch - speakup

Jim Cornette wrote:
Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
Hello!
Is there a person who is experienced with kernel patching?
I would like you to try and patch in speakup in the fedora core 6 kernel, and see if you sucsess because I haven't done it. it is at
http://www.linux-speakup.org
Also, why won't the kernel that ships with fedora core6 recompile? I only get errors. /Kristoffer

I went to the site and Janina pointed out this link in the archives. She used to post here on occasion.

http://speech.braille.uwo.ca/pipermail/speakup/2007-January/041431.html

and the link to where you might get a kernel for FC6 compiled with speakup.
ftp://mirror.services.wisc.edu/mirrors/linux/distributions/speakup/disks/fedora/4/RPMS/

I hope this helps a bit.
Jim

Here is one for Fedora 6.

ftp://mirror.services.wisc.edu/mirrors/linux/distributions/speakup/disks/fedora/6/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS

Regarding compiling the kernel for Fedora, I'm not sure. I mostly use the upstream versions if I want a kernel other than the default.

Jim

--
The less a statesman amounts to, the more he loves the flag.
		-- Kin Hubbard