Re: ssh tunneling and "channel 2: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed"

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 17:56 +0000, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a spot of bother getting an ssh tunnel to work. Here's the situation:
>
> I am trying to connect to machine C via a tunnel to machine B from
> machine A, with machine A being the local machine.
>
> Machine C is behind a firewall, and so direct ssh from A to C isn't possible.
>
> At the command line, once ssh'd into machine B from machine A, I can
> ssh from machine B to machine A.
>
> So, on machine A (local machine) I run in one terminal (Terminal 1):
>
> ssh  -R 8888:C:22 username@B cat -

My first guess was to suggest using
ssh -N -L 8888:C:22 username@B

I believe -L 8888 forwards port 8888 on Machine A through ssh to machine
C, port 22.

I assume /etc/ssh/sshd_config, on Machine B, has not been changed from
the default of allowing TCP Forwarding (AllowTCPForwarding)

--
Rick Sewill            tel:+1-218-287-1075 mailto:rsewill@xxxxxxxxxxxx
1028 7th St. N.                               mailto:rsewill@xxxxxxxxx