Re: Sun JDK 1.6, Java plugin, Firefox?

On 1/23/07, Mike Cohler <mike.cohler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anybody have the Sun 1.6 JDK installed with JPackage and able to
> get the java plugin to work with Firefox?  If I go to about:plugins it
> shows installed and enabled but I can't get any applets to run.  I'm
> using JPackage 1.7b, Sun JDK 1.6 and Firefox 1.5.0.9 on FC 6.

I installed the 1.6 JRE from java.sun.com - and it works fine.

If you go to http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
then under "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6" click downloads and
get the Linux bin file.

Once that is untarred you can collect the appropriate plugin files
and make sure they are in the plugins directory.
>From wherever your java directory is stored you then need
java/jre1.6.0/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
in the plugins directory either as the file or a link to the correct file
in the firefox plugins directory. You will need to restart firefox for it
to be active.

This is how I do it and it seems to work fine.

And, by the way, where from could one get the equivalent of

java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.10-2jpp.nosrc.rpm

for Java 1.6?

Paul