Re: Opening links in Firefox

On 22/01/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 12:39 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On a new FC6 install I read my mail in Kmail and browse in Firefox
> (swiftfox, actually), as I've always done. However, on this
> installation whenever I click on a link in Kmail that calls a perl
> script, I am promped to download the file. For instance,
> http://server.com/dir/file.pl causes Firefox to ask where to download
> it to. However, if I copy and paste the url into my address bar, it
> works fine (I view the page as I should in firefox). What gives?

404 error, but I presume that you don't really mean something at
server.com, you're just using it in a bad example.  Server.com actually
exists.  Use example.com for examples, it's set up for that purpose.  We
can't tell what your problem is from that faked address.

Try:  lynx --head http://example.com

(substituting the real address), and tell us what you get back.  I
suspect that the script doesn't present the right MIME types, or perhaps
does so inconsistently.

I've been reading this site's newsletter for months, on several
different distros, and have yet to encounter this. Clicking on the
same link on the Kubuntu box (also Kmail and firefox) works as
expected.

[dotancohen@localhost ~]$ lynx --head
http://newsvac.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=07/01/16/2011213&from=rss
[1] 8263