Re: Disabling touchpad on laptop

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Cameron Simpson wrote:

On 22Jan2007 04:06, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| I've got a Dell 6400 / E1505 laptop. The great engineers at Dell put
| the touchpad so close to the keyboard that I'm hitting it every five
| minutes by mistake. Is there and _easy_ way to enable/disable it? Like
| a keyboard shortcut, hardware button, or panel applet (KDE)?

On ThinkPads I turn this off in the BIOS settings. Maybe you can do this
on your Dell.

You can use the gsynaptics or ksynaptics app to configure the touchpad in GNOME or KDE (assuming it's Synaptics compatible).

You might also check out the syndaemon program in the synaptics RPM. It disables the touchpad when you type, so you don't accidentally thumb it, but you an still use it.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu