Re: Getting Fox News to work with Firefox

On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 16:55 -0800, David Boles wrote:

> Christopher A. Williams wrote:
<snip...>
> > I've written to all of them before - including Citibank (citicards was
> > mentioned in a separate answer on this thread). I got no response from
> > CNN or Fox.
> >
> > Ironically, I was shopping for a credit card when I ran into Citibank's
> > website issues. I told them that I would not apply for a credit card
> > from them if their Website wouldn't support my choice of Web browser.
> > Their response: An on-line application form by e-mail pointing to their
> > website. Nice...!
> >
> > I actually had one Website administrator (http://www.petharbor.com) tell
> > me that IE6 was the only "authorized" browser for viewing their site. I
> > told them that, as a site promoting a public service relied upon by city
> > governments, it was not their place to say which browsers were
> > "authorized". I got no further response. I also don't use them anymore -
> > I guess they have enough assistance from "authorized" browser running
> > people who don't mind frame based sites.
> >
> > Even if it's only in a small way, I vote with my wallet when this stuff
> > happens. Capital One has a site that works just fine. So does American
> > Express. Citibank is not the only credit card company in town, and I
> > figure that if they won't listen to me about this when it comes to
> > customer service, they probably also won't listen to me about other
> > issues if they were to come up as well...
> >
> > Anyone from Citibank care to comment??
>

> I am NOT from Citibank.
>
> But you never said what was your preferred browser.

Wow! I re-read that a couple of times and you're right!! On Linux, I
tend to prefer Firefox. I'll use Konqueror as well when it suits what I
need or feel like a change.

Incidentally, none of the above sites worked very well for me using
Konqueror either. I have the Greasemonkey extension for Firefox working
with Fox News now. For some reason, Konqueror still isn't working with
Fox.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher A. Williams

Notice: This message and any files transmitted with it are intended
solely for the use of the individuals or entities to whom they are
addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received
this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that
any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally,
the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. CAW Holdings, LLC accepts no liability for any