Re: Ports to open for BitTorrent, Azureus, etc.

On 1/21/07, Temlakos <temlakos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Everyone:

I might as well ask this now, rather than when next I'm trying to
download an iso with BitTorrent:

Which ports should I open to allow BitTorrent?

How should I do this? Shall I edit the iptables file directly (using su
or after logging in as root), or could I possibly add these ports using
system-config-security?

Open 6881/tcp using system-config-security and you should be OK since
most clients handle all incoming requests on that port even though
there may be many other ports that it will use.

If you are behind a router that does NAT, you will need to forward
that port to your internal IP too ... usually your internal IP is
192.168.1.10x ... Google for instructions on how to do this for you
particular router.

/Mike