Re: Spontaneous permission change?

El Domingo, 21 de Enero de 2007 07:48, Tim escribió:
> On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 14:19 -0700, Mike wrote:
> > All of a sudden most of the scripts in my bin directory under my home
> > directory are no longer executable or otherwise have permissions
> > mangled.  I don't have any clue how this happened!?!?
>
> The usual cause would be the user using the chmod command with wildcards
> that weren't too well looked at, or while in the wrong directory.

Just a suggestion, you could use Babel Enterprise:
http://babel.sourceforge.net/en/index.php
And keep your boxes totally under control, I mean, you will be able to notice
when and where permissions have been changed, even more, you will be able to
realised if your perm have been set correctly, talking about security, of
course.
Hope this helps.

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.