Re: Bind configuration

Tim wrote:
On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 19:26 -0800, Norm wrote:
I set up caching dns server on one box with FC6. Used the same instructions on a old box when I attempt to start it I get an error message mdc: connect failed 127.0.0.1 #953 connection refused I have opened ports 953 &53 on the firewall, turned SELinux off and the firewall, still no success. What do I try next?

You should probably post your configuration files, as well as the
pertinent error logs.

Tim
I am not sure if my problem is more related to the box being so old and slow with a minimum of RAM, I thought I would scale the box back to either FC5 or give Ubuntu server a try I suspect that both have a lighter load on the box. About a week ago a number of people made some suggestions about how I could lighten the load on the box, a few of the suggestions helped but, the box still seems to chock on itself if I try to use it a anything other than a simple Desktop. If I rebuild the box as either FC5 or 6 where would I find the pertinent log files any I could find did not have an entry that was related to the problem. (I can't look at them now as he box has been reformated preparing to reload some other options)