Re: How NSA access was built into Windows

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 23:37 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 22:20:23 -0500,
>   Lyvim Xaphir <knightmerc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Phil is a United States citizen.  As such he would not have been put in
> > Gitmo.  Club Gitmo is reserved for non-US combatants; as such they do
> > not fall under the purview of the US Constitution.
>
> Bush claims to be able to declare anyone an emeny combatant and then be
> able have done pretty whatever he wants to you.
> The US constitution protects the rights of noncitizens (at least it used to)
> as well as citizens.

The constitution does not apply to enemy combatants, nor does the
constitution nor the Geneva convention apply to non-uniformed enemy
combatants.  Currently the situation for these international terrorists
is that they are not protected in anyway by any laws.  However there are
generally accepted limits of behavior within our country and our
military that do apply to how prisoners can be treated.  However the
requirements for detention status, duration and or release conditions
are currently not fully covered by any law or treaty.  This may be
adjudicated soon, but for now that is the status, unless it has changed
in the last year or so, according to what I was taught when I served.

Regards,
Les H