Re: glibc in FC6 repos

Mark Knoop wrote:
On 18/01/07, Eric Brunson <brunson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've been tracking down some issues with dependency rtld(GNU_HASH), but
came across a curiosity on one of my boxes.  Somehow I ended up with a
glibc-2.5 rpm for FC6 installed on one machine, but it doesn't seem to
be available in the repos any more.  Did it somehow find it's way in,
then get retracted?

I have installed firefox from the development repos, but if it picked
glibc up from there I would expect it to have an fc7 release tag.

Just to prove I'm not insane:

foxtrot(~)$ rpm -q --whatprovides "rtld(GNU_HASH)"
glibc-2.5-10.fc6
foxtrot(~)$ rpm -qi glibc-2.5-10.fc6
Name : glibc Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.5                               Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 10.fc6                        Build Date: Fri 05 Jan 2007
10:40:54 AM MST
Install Date: Wed 17 Jan 2007 05:51:01 PM MST      Build Host:

You see that it was only installed yesterday. When you looked for it
again, yum was probably using a mirror that hasn't synced it yet.

It is here: http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/6/i386/

I guess I should have looked in the repository.  Thanks.