Re: [Way Way OT] Re: How NSA access was built into Windows

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 13:50 -0500, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Wed January 17 2007 1:05 pm, Les wrote:
> >         It behooves us all to be aware, to help control the
> > proliferation of intrusive behavior, and to keep our eyes and
> > ears open.
> >         Politicians are curious folks and bear considerable
> > watching (with apologies to any semblance to a famous quote).
>
> Yes, that about sums it up.
>
> And to those who wish to make this partisan, I would add, while I
> early on did couch one of my posts of concern with concerns
> about "the current administration", and then pointed out that
> I'd equally used the term concerns about "government", in the
> real political now, here in the United States, this is one issue
> that has crossed party lines. There many conservatives involved
> in questioning the over-arching intrusion by government into our
> lives, and there are alliances springing up between them and
> traditional liberals all over the place on specific aspects of
> this problem...
>
> And finally, going back to where this all began - I posted an
> excerpt of an article about the NSA and the Windows OS, and then
> I posed a very simple question, a query, a request for
> information - "What about Selinux?"
> Within hours, I was charged with being a "wingnut", "conspiracy
> theorist", "fanatic", and an Elvis spotter - if any of you perps
> who engaged in this crap believe you have dissuaded me from
> asking questions in the future, I can assure you that if
> anything, you've only egged me on - thank you... ;-)

Right, and that's the way you *should* feel.  I'm glad you brought the
selinux issue to the forefront; I've had questions for a long time about
this (Which really haven't been answered yet) but yet haven't seen this
topic brought up before.  Perhaps because the treatment you have
received has sufficed in the past to put down the curious?

> --
> Claude Jones
> Brunswick, Md, USA

I think that when the issues turn political, and have departed both from
Selinux and Fedora both, then it's time to move to the MandrakeOT list.
On the other hand, I think there's alot of things that can be learned
about Selinux, the reason it exists, and the reasons it was integrated
into Fedora.  It would also be noteworthy as to why it was not
architected as to be easily removed.  All those latter items fall within
the purview of the Fedora list.  Those discussions should continue,
instead of being discouraged by the New Castrati.

LX
--
Off Topic or Political Discussions: