Yum updates Annoyances

Running a FC6 cluster that cannot be connected to the internet.  Gnome
keeps sending the message:
Introspect error: The name edu.duke.linux.yum was not provided by any
.service files
Unable to connect to yum-updatesd.  Please ensure that the yum-updatesd
package is installed and that the service is running.

The last two lines repeat and repeat.
How do I tell Gnome to desist forever and ever.  I keep FC6 current with
updates via a respin DVD with yum mapped to the RPMS file on the DVD.

The command
rpm -qa|grep yum

Gives

yumex-1.1.4-2.0.fc6