Samba mount fails on Fedora FC5

Hi,

I am just trying to mount a Windows share (shared on a Windows XP) to my desktop running Fedora FC5 but it is not working. So the setup is that my Fedora is the SMB client, while the Windows XP machine is the server.

The following command failed with a mount error:

#  mount -t cifs -o username=xxx,domain=yyy  //172.21.71.3/linuxshare  /mnt
Password:***
mount error 12 = Cannot allocate memory
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

I was running Wireshark to monitor what exactly is going on the network. That is what is happening:

1./ My compurer sends an SMB Session Setup AndX Request request containing my username and the domain.

    Session Setup AndX Request
   Account: xxx
   Primary domain: yyy
   Native OS: Linux version 2.6.18-1.2257.fc5smp
   Native LAN Manager: CIFS VFS Client for Linux

2./ There is an OK response coming from back the Win XP machine indicating a successful setup:

     Session Setup AnX response
     NT Status: STATUS_SUCCESS
     Primary domain: yyy
     Native OS: Windows 5.1
     Native LAN Manager: Windows 2000 LAN Manager

3./ My Linux box sends a Tree connect request to Win XP:

    Tree Connect AndX Request  \\172.21.71.3\linuxshare
    Service: ?????

4./ The Winwods XP box sends an negative response back:

     Tree Connect AndX Request
     NT Status: STATUS_INSUFF_SERVER_RESOURCES

So it seems to be rejected on the Windows side, but checking that config everything looks OK at the first sight. I tried to give read-only as well as full control  to the share but that did not change anything.

I was also trying to browse that share from nautilus using smb://172.21.72.3  in the Open Location menuitem. The share is visible but when I try to open it, i receive an error message "The folder contents could not be displayed".

using Wireshark I can see the same SMB protocol repeated, what I just described above.

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks,
istvan