Re: vmware workstation is beating up my disk!

Il giorno lun, 15/01/2007 alle 12.53 -0800, Lonni J Friedman ha scritto:
> Anyone else running VMWare workstation in FC6 (x86)?  I've noticed
> that whenever vmware is running (WinXP), the disk is getting polled
> every other second non-stop.  it sounds like little men are marching
> around its so loud & annoying.  Its not a memory/swap thing as I've
> got 3GB of RAM, and vmware has access to a large chunk of it.
Try also to monitor on Linux what appens.
With top for examples, look at the swap area to see if it's used.

With 3 GB of RAM and 2 assigned to vmware, maybe linux also swap.

Note also that if you have swap on Windows, the Windows kernel swap even
if they don't need to do it :-)

Bye
 Ambrogio