Re: vstpd.conf

dhottinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Im having a devil of a time getting vsftpd configured for auth. with an ldap backend on Fedora Core 5. I keep getting a 530 530 Login incorrect.
Unable to make a connection. Please try again.
The server has a username incorrect message.

 Anonymous works fine.  I have standard vsftpd.conf here is the snippet:
pam_service_name=vsftp

What is in your nsswitch.conf and pam.d/vsftpd?

User authentication is against an ldap server. That seems to be working fine. AFP users can connect ok.

How is authentication against LDAP configured? Are you using PAM and nss_ldap via nsswitch.conf?

I read about an issue with the pam module, but that doesnt seem to be the case. I keep beating this thing around and around with no joy so far.

What issue?

E-mail :    nmw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555