Re: How NSA access was built into Windows

Claude Jones wrote:
On Mon January 15 2007 9:43 am, Temlakos wrote:
I have already forwarded the text from the link you gave to Snopes.com
and TruthOrFiction.com.

I'll be interested in what they come up with, but, that's it, interested... I have no particular reason to believe the integrity ot their analytical process, or put any blind faith in it.

Bear the date in mind. This happened during the administration of
William J. Clinton, not George W. Bush. At the time, President Clinton
had no reason (at least none that he personally would believe) to
suppose that anyone would succeed him except his Vice President, Albert
A. Gore. Clinton had a penchant for monitoring people, too--his domestic
opponents. If George W. Bush is monitoring anyone, then it would be
those whom the government suspects of planning to blow something up with
people in or on it, sicken an entire city or two with anthrax (or West
Nile encephalitis), /et cetera/.

So when you think of "who the present administration is," do not imagine
it to be any worse than would be an administration belonging to the
other party.

Temlakos

Point taken - but, if you're trying to morph this thread into a political debate, I won't take the bait...
That would be out-of-scope for this list, anyway. But I mentioned differing administrations only because /you/ mentioned the United States government and its /political/ leadership. Perhaps we both should take the point that politics is out-of-scope.

Temlakos