Re: Printing from firefox

On Sunday 14 January 2007 19:56, David Fletcher wrote:
> On Sunday 14 January 2007 19:25, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I've been trying to get firefox to print to kprinter, without any success
> > at all.  Does anyone know what changes I need to make to about:config to
> > make this happen?
> >
> > Anne
>
> I just tried Google with "firefox use kprinter"
>
> which produced:-
> http://opensource.weblogsinc.com/2006/05/08/enable-kprinter-in-firefox-1-5/

Thanks for that, David.  It seems that I had made all the correct alterations.
The missing link was in the last step - use the drop-down list and select
Postscript/default.

> Any good? I've not tried it myself. (Thought) Should the same work with
> Seamonkey? I've just looked and getting to the preference name and value
> string works the same way, so I guess it probably does. I did alter
> something in there yesterday, to get an email link to fire up a new message
> in kmail, which works fine. The second thought that occurred to me just now
> though, is if I accidentally screw up something in there how do I get back
> to the default value?

Haven't tried it in seamonkey.  In the old mozilla browser I used to simply
delete the command in the printer properties box and insert kprinter.  It
does mean a moment's delay, since you first change to the kprinter menu, then
still have to start the print job, but I always considered that worth it for
the advantages.  As well as the advantages I remarked on to Rex, the link you
gave applauded the printing of webpages to pdf.

I would have thought that one or other of these methods would work with
seamonkey.

Anne