Re: FC6 Ipod Nano Shuffle

2007/1/13, Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx>:
antonio montagnani wrote:
> updates are o.k.

I take it that means you have libgpod-0.4.0 and gtkpod-0.99.8 then?
"rpm -q libgpod gtkpod" will confirm your versions.

> What is the right place to look?? i.e. I suppose that FC6 should
> mount Ipod at the same point on different machine, therefore where
> to put this info??

The default for FC6 is to use the volume label as the mount point,
under the /media directory.  So, if you've named your iPod 'Jim' for
example, it would get mounted at /media/JIM.

The default for gtkpod is /mnt/ipod.  You should change this in the
gtkpod preferences to match where ever your ipod is really mounted.
Also in the gtkpod preferences is a setting to "Automatically import
iTunesDBs on startup."  If this is enabled then your ipod will be read
when you start gtkpod.  If not, you'll have to click the "Load
iPod(s)" button.

Connect your ipod first and then start gtkpod.

> tnx, Ipod at the moment is running with my son therefore I will make
> some tests tonight!!!

Yes, you'll have to tell him that you've got important "work" to do
with it. :)