RealPlayer 10 in FC6: Sound, But No Picture

Everyone:

Just installed RealPlayer 10. No dependencies detected. Setup Assistant ran through. But when I go to play a video, the mplayer-plugin wants to load, and of course it chokes. But more than that:

When I download a "test video" from Real.com, I get sound, but no picture.

When I go to play certain videos (specifically at foxnews.com), again I get sound, but no picture.

On a hunch, I removed totem--completely. It was never doing anything for me anyway. (That's right--I never did get totem to play /any/ of my DVD's, and I have gnome-cd to play audio cd's.)

That removed a lot of useless plugins. But it still didn't solve the problem of my not being able to play RealAudio or RealVideo content. Again:

Download response: Sound, but no picture. Should have picture and sound.

Site-visit response: Either sound, but no picture, or else mplayer tries to load, and then stops. (Mplayer will play other plug-in videos, so long as they're not too big. I tested that at apple.com's movie trailer site.)

What hidden dependency have I missed?

Temlakos